PhD student ONLINE course in image analysis during last two week of September 2021
Description of the course: The focus of the course is on reaching a broad understanding of computerized image analysis in Life Science (mainly fluorescence and electron microscopy images) and a basic understanding of the theory and algorithms behind the image analysis methods and tools. Hands-on exercises that will teach a broad functionality of these tools and the concepts needed for building suitable workflow for a given application.
This course provides:
- basic concepts of digital images,
- basic computerized image analysis methods and computer exercises
- visualization of multi-dimensional data,
- image processing in preparation for analysis,
- noise and image enhancement,
- binary operations,
- object / particle analysis and intensity and morphometric measurements,
- tracking of particles cells movement
- automatically analyzing large datasets.
We will address the issues of image ethics and proper image acquisition for image analysis. The course will also offer an introduction to a number of freely available software tools (Image/Fiji, ilastik), and the commercial software (MatLab, Imaris), preparing the students to start using image analysis in their own research.
Apply here: https://fubasdoc.gu.se/fubasextern/info?kurs=SC00028
Application period: 2021-04-01 - 2021-04-21