The inverted Axio Observer. Z1 from Carl Zeiss is a highly automatic widefield microscope, which is controlled by the Zen Blue software.
With this microscope it is possible to perform multichannel images, z-stacks, time series and, perhaps most important, to acquire large tile overviews using stitching.
The microscope is equipped with dual cameras:
- A 12 bit high-performance color camera, AxioCam MRc, with a frame size of 1388x1040 pixels, suitable for histologically stained specimens
- A sensitive 14 bit black/white camera, AxioCam 506 mono, , with a frame size of 2752 × 2208 pixels, for fluorescence imaging.
Optical sectioning using structured illumination
Obtain optical sections using the ApoTome.2 unit and structured illumination. The system automatically chooses the correct grid for each objective and calculates the optical section from three images with different grid positions without time lag.
The lamp unit Colibri 7 has the following excitation wavelenths:
385 nm, 430 nm, 475 nm, 511 nm, 555 nm, 590 nm och 630 nm
For fluorescence there are five filter sets, three single-band and two multi-band, always installed. For installation of the other filter options, please ask the CCI staff. For transmission imaging there is DIC contrast in addition to the regular brightfield.
Position 1: Filter set 96 HE
Emission filter BP 450/40, Colibri excitation 385 nm, Fluorophore examples BFP, DAPI, Hoechst
Position 2 Filter set 38 HE
Emission filter BP 525/50, Colibri excitation 475 nm, Fluorophore examples EGFP, AF488
Position 3 Filter set 43 HE
Emission filter BP 605/70, Colibri excitation 555 nm, Fluorophore examples DsRed, Cy3, AF555
Position 4 Filter set 90 HE
Emission filter QBP 425/30+514/30+592/25+709/100, Colibri excitation 385, 475, 555 and/or 631 nm, Fluorophore examples DAPI/EGFP/Cy3
Position 5 Filter set 91 HE
Emission filter TBP 467/24+555/25+687/145, Colibri excitation 423, 511 and/or 591 nm, Fluorophore examples CFP/YFP/mCherry
The objectives in the list below are installed on the microscope. For other needs, please ask the CCI staff.
- Plan-Apochromat 10x/0.3 DIC
- Plan-Apochromat 20x/0.8 DIC
- Plan-Apochromat 40x/1.3 Oil DIC
- Plan-Apochromat 63x/1.4 Oil DIC
- Plan-Apochromat 100x/1.4 Oil DIC
- LD Plan-Neofluar 20x/0.4 Ph2 Korr