Initiatives for newcomers and integration
All over the world, people are forced to flee their home countries. In order to handle the present situation and ensure sustainable ways forward, there is a great need for research and education. Here we give you a quick overview of the University's initiatives for newcomers and integration.
Education is of crucial importance to both the individual and the future of war-torn nations. Research generates new knowledge, which needs to be disseminated and put to practical use in various ways.
As a university, we have a responsibility to safeguard values such as academic freedom, humanism and human rights. We have a responsibility to contribute with our knowledge as an education provider and as a research institution, but also as an employer.
Our different areas within the University
New in Sweden and want to study?
Do you have foreign qualifications, are living in Sweden, and want to continue your studies here? On the web page Study Counselling for Immigrants you can find information that can help you in planning your admission for studies at the University of Gothenburg.
- Complementary Education for Foreign Teachers
- Preparatory course in Swedish for new arrivals (webpage only available in Swedi…
- Bachelor of Science Programme in Social Work (webpage only available in Swedish)
- Nurse supplementary programme (webpage only available in Swedish)
- Dentist supplementary programme (webpage only available in Swedish)
- Pharmacist supplementary programme (webpage only available in Swedish)
- Biomedical scientist supplementary programme (webpage only available in Swedish)