To be eligible for Axel Adler Scholarship:
- You are considered to be a fee-paying student.
- You have applied to a full-time Master- or Bachelor programme (for Bachelor only Software Engineering Programme and International Relations Programme) at the University of Gothenburg as your first priority in the international admission round at www.universityadmission.se.
- You applied for a campus-based programme.
- You have submitted your application for studies by 17 January 2022 through universityadmissions.se.
- You have paid the application fee and documented your eligibility for studies by 1 February 2022 through universityadmissions.se.
Eligible students (students who fulfil the requirements mentioned) will receive an email with application instructions by 8 February 2022. If you are an eligible student and have not received an email by this date, please let us know by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The invitation to apply for Axel Adler Scholarship will be sent to the email address you have registered at universityadmissions.se.
CV and Letter of Motivation
When applying for Axel Adler Scholarship you shall include a CV and a Letter of Motivation as written text, these are used for the selection of scholars. In the motivational letter you have the possibility to highlight merits in your CV or merits which isn’t stated in your CV. The CV and motivational letter should be enclosed as text in the application form. It is not possible to attach any other form of documentation to your scholarship application.
Academic staff make the assessment and ranking, based on the CV and Motivation letter in your scholarship application. The assessment is made in collaboration with the assessment of your application to the study programme, in order to assess your suitability for the programme as well as your commitment and desire to study.
Our ambition is to award a scholarship on each Master programme and around 60 recipients in total. The scholarship will be offered to the following groups:
- The largest group include scholarship applicants admitted at one of the Master of Arts and Master of Science programmes at the University of Gothenburg, a scholarship offer will be made on each programme.
- Scholarship applicants admitted to the Master of Fine Applied and Performing Arts programme at the University of Gothenburg, about 4 scholarships totally.
- One scholarship will be awarded to one student admitted to the Bachelor’s programme Software Engineering and Management and to one student admitted to the Bachelor’s Programme International Relations.
Applicants selected to be awarded Axel Adler Scholarship and Axel Adler Scholarship for Sustainability will be notified by an announcement in the scholarship application portal and by email on 8 April 2022. Selected applicants admitted to the Bachelor’s programme Software Engineering and Management and the Bachelor’s programme International Relations will be notified by 14 April 2022.
Please note! The students that receive a scholarship offer must reply within 7 days if they accept the scholarship or not. Scholarship decisions will be sent out promptly.
Axel Adler Scholarship for Sustainability
Within Axel Adler Scholarship, the University of Gothenburg wants to increase the integration of sustainable development in education. To reach the vision of sustainable development and a sustainable study and work life, the University of Gothenburg will be awarding a minimum of two students Axel Adler Scholarship for Sustainability in 2022. The scholarship will be awarded to students applying for a sustainability focused programme. If you apply for a sustainability focused programme, you also have the possibility to apply for Axel Adler Scholarship for Sustainability but you can only be awarded one of the two scholarships.
To be eligible for Axel Adler Scholarship for Sustainability you need to meet the requirements for Axel Adler Scholarship and the special requirements for Axel Adler scholarship for Sustainability, which are: