As a continuation of that previous study I have initiated a new project along the directions suggested there. I have identified that a population including university-based entrepreneurship education in Texas can be used to do a new international comparison with Sweden’s university-based entrepreneurial education programs. Colleagues will perform the Sweden-based part of the research in the new project, while I will do the comparative study in Texas.
- The new project investigates how and why the mix of theory and practise in university-based entrepreneurship education will affect students and society in a comparative study. During the proposed project an (a) objective is to investigate and compare the expectations and perceptions of the population of professors of the expected and realized impact of their education upon students and society. Another (b) objective is to refine and empirically validate the earlier taxonomy model to provide insights on the design of entrepreneurship education as well as guidance for further research.
- In the project the aim is to analyze the similarities and differences of different educational programs in two comparative international locations in order to 1) refine taxonomy model from previous study in Fall of 2020, 2) obtain comparative data from professors on actual conceptualizations of entrepreneurship education in 2021, and 2) validate the taxonomy model and further develop a taxonomy detailing the possible theory-practise mix in entrepreneurship education in the Fall of 2021.
- The project defines the impact of entrepreneurship education in two ways here. One is the expectations on what students should learn. Second way is the expectations of what alumni should do in society.
- The project will also collect data to perform a new comparative cluster analysis of Sweden and Texas.
- The project will also provide inspiration for how to develop entrepreneurship education at GU Handels (broadly, not just MSc-level), and investigate potential partners in education, based on the results of the research.