More specifically, it focuses on the different determinants of innovation processes, the actors involved, and the related social and economic consequences. Also the effects on individuals, organizations, businesses, institutions and knowledge due to innovation-related societal changes are analysed.
- The subject area thus encompasses:
- The actors in innovation processes
- Innovations as systems and the role of networks and institutions
- The role of knowledge and learning in innovation processes
- Particular characteristics of innovations in time and space
- The management of intellectual capital space, such as the role of clusters; Social and economic outcomes of innovation
- The role of innovation policy