The programme focuses on helping students become independent and critical researchers who can contribute to the development of society and support the learning of others. The student’s dissertation will help develop a better understanding of knowledge creation, teaching, and education within a field of mathematics or natural science.
The goal with the programme is to develop advanced subject knowledge and familiarity with scientific methods both within mathematics/natural sciences and within educational sciences. The student also gains an awareness of the subject area’s epistemological foundations.
Prior to applying
Contact the individuals responsible for individual project proposals or the person within your subject area to discuss the design of your project proposal. We recommend that you contact the University to discuss whether your project is feasible.
To be accepted to the research school in educational sciences, you need to fulfil the general entry requirements and the specific entry requirements.
Specific entry requirements
You fulfil the specific entry requirements if you:
- have completed a master’s in education teaching qualification that includes a degree project of at least 15 credits or equivalent independent project, and at least 90 credits within a mathematics or natural science subject (of which at least 60 credits in mathematics at a master’s level), or
- have acquired substantially equivalent knowledge in some other way in Sweden or abroad.
The faculty uses several selection criteria when selecting applicants.
- qualifications from previous educational programmes
- degree projects or equivalent independent projects
- attached project descriptions of potential dissertation work
- documented relevant professional experience as a teacher.