Master's Programme in Social Work and Human Rights
Kort om programmet
This two-year international master’s programme focuses on the intersection between social work and human rights. By intertwining the two fields, the aim is to provide students with a unique perspective on human rights issues and social development in all levels of society.
The Master’s Programme in Social Work and Human Rights is one of the most applied for international master’s programmes at the University of Gothenburg. It is a full-time (120 ECTS) programme, accessible for both international and Swedish students.
During the programme, the students will achieve a deeper knowledge about social work and human rights in a global perspective as well as gain extensive comprehension of current research and developmental work in the area. Through field placement, the students get the opportunity to experience social work in a foreign country with focus on ethics, values and intervention.
The programme contains several moduls including seven courses:
- Social Work and Welfare Systems
- Human Rights: an interdisciplinary approach
- Research Theories and Methods
- Social Work Practice and Professionalization
- Social Work, Service Users Participation and Organisation
- Globalisation, Poverty and International Social Work
- Degree Report