We welcome applications from scholars within qualitative management and organisation studies with a particular interest in digitalization and responsibilities. Digitalization pushes established industrial firms to transform their business models and strategies from production of products to increasingly working with digital platforms and services. Additionally, industrial firms’ products are increasingly connected, which allows for collection of product and user data that firms can leverage to develop product and services. This not only has implications for business models and strategies but also for firms’ responsibilities in terms of what can be loosely framed as “corporate digital responsibility”. In other words, industrial firms not only have to transform their internal processes and practices but also ensure that such transformation considers the societal impact that digitalization of their business models/strategies imply. The postdoctoral fellow will study such transformations via qualitative empirical studies of industrial firms.
At the Management & Organisation section, there are established relations with industrial firms in multiple industries that are currently transforming their businesses in light of digitalization. The postdoctoral fellow will, thus, receive support in getting access to suitable firms to study.
- Applicants should hold a recent, or be close to finishing, a PhD in management and organisation, or a related area. The degree will be considered recent if it has been passed within the last three years, however parental leave and other circumstances will be taken into account when assessing eligibility and should therefore be stated in the application.
- Research potential is our key selection criterion for the advertised position. The successful candidate will be expected to carry out research suitable for publication in leading or highly ranked journals within the candidate’s fields.
- Excellent knowledge of English, ability to cooperate and personal suitability are also important criteria.
Financial and practical information
The fellowship will be financed by an individual scholarship, which has been awarded to the School by the Browaldh foundation, intended to finance a suitable applicant chosen by the School for three years. You will not be employed by the University since the scholarship is awarded individually, however you will be located at the School of Business, Economics and Law at the University of Gothenburg and be a member of a research team. The scholarship is intended to cover the equivalent of (full-time) salary, insurance and expenses for the duration of three years.
This fellowship mainly consists of research within the area of Management and Organisation. The School may also offer the possibility to be involved in a limited amount of teaching and supervision, the terms of which will be agreed upon separately. The successful candidate will be expected to start the fellowship in 2023 and will be expected to work at the Department of Business Administration in central Gothenburg.
Application procedure and closing date
Applications should be submitted to Postdocfirstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2 January 2023.
The application should include the following documentation combined into one single file, preferably in the file format pdf:
1. Table of contents
2. Cover letter
3. A detailed CV, including your full name, birth year, address and contact information
4. Copies of degree certificates, grade transcripts or other certificates
5. A letter of intent in which the applicant describes how he/she will approach the research assignment if selected for the fellowship (maximum 2 pages)
6. An account of scholarly/research qualifications, including a description of prior scholarly/research activities and contributions. Two examples of research in the form of a publication or a working paper should be enclosed.
7. References, including their names, title, contact information and current position (minimum 2 references)
After the application closing date, the process will consist of assessment of all submitted applications by Section and Department representatives establishing a shortlist of candidates who will individually be invited to zoom interviews by a panel of faculty.
Second interviews will also take place, possibly located at the School in Gothenburg. After that, the final candidate’s references will be contacted.
Additional documentation might be requested should the candidate proceed in the process, and before a decision is made.
In case of questions regarding the process or your application, please contact Postdocemail@example.com
In case of questions regarding the research area, please contact:
Niklas Egels Zandén, Professor and Head of Section Management & Organisation
Phone: +46 (0)31-786 27 29
Kajsa Lindberg, Professor Management & Organisation
Phone: +46 (0)31-786 44 84