Anders Norge Lauridsen
DoktorandInstitutionen för globala
Om Anders Norge Lauridsen
- PhD student in Social Anthropology, University of Gothenburg, 2017-
- Visiting PhD student, Aarhus University, 2018
- MSc in Anthropology, Aarhus University, 2014-2016
- BA in History of Ideas and Anthropology, Aarhus University and Université Libre de Bruxelles, 2010-2014
PhD Project: Pivoting Sihanaka Spirituality
Spirits of various kinds inform life among the Sihanaka of Madagascar; ancestors, dead kings, apparitions, and spirits of the wild influence everyday life through taboos, dream visions, possession rituals, etcetera. Through ethnographic fieldwork, experimental methods, and archival research I investigate how spirituality in the Sihanaka village of Anororo gemmates and alters over time. Moreover, I am developing a new method called 'pivotation' to probe into how the Sihanaka experience spirits, how they relate to them, and how they conceive of them. In short, the method is about using read aloud stories as narrative pivots to bring about discussions among Sihanaka informants about the doings, capabilities, and intentions of spirits.
Thematic: experimental anthropology, spirituality, doubt, uncertainty, ethnographic theory, rituals, narrativity, agency, empirical philosophy, ontology, epistemology, ethnicity, cultural translation
Regional: Madagascar, the Austronesian world
- Anororo, Madagascar (four months in 2015, two months in 2016, two months in 2017, two weeks in 2018, five weeks in 2019)
- Lectures and seminars in the courses “Anthropological Theory”, “The Global Politics of Heritage”, and “Global Studies: Key Concepts”, University of Gothenburg, 2019-2020
- "Qualitative Methods", BA Minor in Sociology, Aarhus University, April 3-13, 2018
- "Ethnographic Methodology and Field Preparation", MA in Anthropology, Aarhus University, Guest Lecture on Experimental Approaches, March 5, 2018
- The Narrative Experiment: An Experimental Approach to Malagasy Spirits, Mayday - Experiments and Experimentality in Anthropology and Interdisciplinary Studies, May 15-16, 2018, Lomonosov Moscow State University
Other Anthropological Projects
- Visualising Anthropological Imaginations: An experiment in which illustrators turn anthropological concepts into works of art. Link to the VAI experiment
- Ethnographic objects collected for Moesgaard Museum in Aarhus: two mohara amulets, a lambahoany cloth, a fototra tomb pole and a complete spirit medium garb.
- An upcoming ethnographic film on life in Anororo...