FRAM in media
Our researchers are active in the public debate. They write debate articles and are also being interviewed by media. Here is a selection of our public appearance.
- Giftbomben: Snäckor får penisar – inte Volvos fel enligt egen rapport
Published in Göteborgs Posten 2022-09-06
- Toxic toys
Both Swedish (eg SVT, SR and TT) and international media (Daily Mail) drew attention to research showing that older plastic toys often contain higher levels of health-hazardous substances than new ones. "There is a lot of talk about recycling as a solution to our waste problem, but recycling cannot be done safely if there are as many chemicals in the products as we have now," said Bethanie Carney Almroth, professor of ecotoxicology to SVT.
To the press release: A health risk to reuse old toys
Daily Mail: Warning over hand-me-down plastic toys: 84% of old figurines and dolls contain illegal levels of toxic 'forever chemicals' that can stunt their growth and cause cancer, study warns
SVT: Så giftsäkras hemmet för barnen – rensa bland leksaker
- Thomas Sterner: "We must not forget the harmful plastic"
Published in GöteborgsPosten as a "Guest column" 2019-09-16
- "Efter floden" (Eng. After the flood)
Thomas Backhaus is one of the interviewed researchers.
Published at SVTPlay 2019-08-27
- "Time to deal with the chemical cocktail"
Published at GT Debatt 2019-04-05
- "We climate scientists support Greta and the school children"
Published in Dagens Nyheter 2019-03-14
- Jessica Coria: "What does it really cost to save the climate?"
Published in Svenska Dagbladet 2018-09-08
What does it really cost to save the climate?Vad kostar det egentligen att rädda klimatet?
- The cocktail-effect is including all chemicals
Published in Svenska Dagbladet 2018-02-14.
The cocktail-effect is about all types of chemicals (English translation)The cocktail-effect is about all types of chemicals (debate article in Swedish)
- The eco-verdict against Coop contradicts science
Published in Svenska Dagbladet 2017-07-07
The eco-judgement against Coop contradicts science (English translation)The eco-judgement against Coop contradicts science (debate article in Swedish)
- The European Unions does not dare to take the battle against hazardous chemicals
Published in Svenska Dagbladet 2016-11-12 link to SvD
The European Union does not dare to take the battle against hazardous chemicals (English translation) The European Union does not dare to take the battle against hazardous chemicals - debate article in Swedish 12th of November 2016
- Six steps to succeed with the safety of nanomaterials
Published in Ny Teknik 2016-05-17 link to Ny Teknik
Opinion paper - Six steps to succeed with the safety of nanomaterials (English translation)
Opinion paper - Six steps to succeed with the safety of nanomaterials (debate article in Swedish)
- More ambitious chemicals policy needed - the phase out of hazardous substances in Europe is unreasonably slow
Published in Svenska Dagbladet 2016-04-21 link to SvD
More ambitious chemicals policy needed - the phase out of hazardous substances is unreasonable slow - opinion papers 21st April 2016 (English translation)
- Chemical Taxation Contributes to a Non-Toxic Environment
Published in Svenska Dagbladet 2015-07-01 link to SvD
Chemical Taxation Contributes to a Non-Toxic Environment - opinion paper 1st of July 2015 (English translation)
- FRAM-researchers Lena Gipperth and Martin Hassellöv made a study about plastic pellets
Published in about 60 channels around the world.