The FRAM Centre gathers more than 20 researchers from different research disciplines and is run by a Director, who is supported by a Steering Committee and an Advisory Board.
The Steering committee consists of researchers from different faculties and departments at the University of Gothenburg.
Centre Coordinator: Åsa Arrhenius
Centre Director: Thomas Backhaus
Chair of the steering committee: Jessica Coria
Outreach and Policy Coordinator: Daniel Slunge
Other Steering Committee members
A board of external advisors that comprises major stakeholders is connected to the FRAM Centre. It serves as a sounding board for FRAM’s activities and ensures a holistic view. The board also delivers input from society by providing critical feedback, information and suggestions for future work. Furthermore, it highlights the demands of the various stakeholders that shape FRAM's work and provides advice on strategic decisions.
The members of the Advisory Board are:
- Prof. Åke Bergman; Stockholm University, Director of SweTox (Swedish Toxicology Sciences Research Center). Sweden.
- Prof. Werner Brack; Department Effect-Directed Analysis, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, UFZ. Germany. Coordinatior of the EU project Solutions.
- Prof. Roy Brouwer; Dept of Economics, University of Waterloo, USA.
- Dr. Anna Lennquist; toxicologist at ChemSec (a non-governmental environmental organization, advocating chemicals policy based on current scientific understanding). Sweden.
- Dr. Leo Posthuma; Senior Researcher at RIVM, the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Centre for Sustainability, Environment and Health (RIVM-DMG). Netherlands.
- Prof. Martin Scheringer; chair of the International Panel on Chemical Pollution (ETH Zürich, Switzerland) and Prof at Mazaryk University (Brno, Czech Republic) at the Research Centre for Toxic Compounds in the Environment (RECETOX).
- Baskut Tuncak; Senior Attorney at the Center for International Environmental Law (Washington, US), UN Special Rapporteur on the implications for human rights of hazardous substances and wastes.
- Prof. Anna Ledin; Director, Environmental Administration, City of Gothenburg. Sweden.