Apply for MFA Contemporary Performative Arts
This information concerns the Master's programme in Contemporary Performative Arts.
Your application process
The following applied to students starting autumn 2022
- Apply for the programme through universityadmissions.se
Application period: 1 December 2021 – 17 January 2022. NB: Choose autumn 2022 for your search.
- Deadline to complete your eligibility (supporting documentation): no later than 1 February 2022. More information on general requirements for master's level studies.
- Pay your application fee no later than 1 February 2022. If you are exempt from paying the application fee, you must prove your exemption status by the same date. More information on universityadmissions.se.
- Submit your portfolio (project idea, CV, personal letter) through SlideRoom. Deadline 31 January 2022 (at 23.59 CET).
- Interview: Based on the portfolios some applicant will be called for an interview. All interviews will be held via Zoom.
- Admissions results published: 7 April 2022 through My pages on universityadmissions.se
Apply to the Master's programme in Contemporary Performative Arts with a personal project idea in the field of acting/performance. The project idea should be written on max three A4 pages.
In addition to the project idea itself, you should also enclose a CV and a personal letter. You should also add audio files, video clips or other material to your application (1 - 3 items).
If the admission group so decides, the applicant is then called for an interview. At the interview, the applicant is expected to account for her/his artistic practice and to give a more detailed description of the project idea. This is to be done by providing documentation. The personal project idea forms the basis for the independent work (degree work) of the students who are accepted.
The admissions group takes a decision based on an overall assessment of the applicant's merits, artistic project idea and performative skills.
To Work With a Project Shared by Several
It is possible to apply for the programme with a project that is, for example, related to other applicants' projects or which is part of a work outside the school. Perhaps you belong to a group where several people are interested in applying for our programme or you have a project idea that is part of the work of others.
Note that you are applying for the programme as an individual, and as a student you will be examined in the different courses and in the education as a whole based on your own work.
Eligibility and selection
An artistic bachelor's degree, or equivalent, as well as the theoretical knowledge and skills that are being examined at the entrance examination. Professional experience in theatre, physical performance, live art, art performance, dance, musical drama or sound art is a requirement. In addition, language skills equivalent to English B / English 6 are required.
Selection of eligible applicants is based upon entrance tests.
Students with citizenship in countries not within the EU/EEA, or Switzerland, are required to pay application and tuition fees for university studies in Sweden.