Institute of Medicine
Welcome to the Institute of Medicine, a major hub of health and medical research and education in Sweden.
With nearly 700 researchers, doctoral students, teachers and administrative staff, the Institute is one of the University of Gothenburg’s largest departments. Our research and education, from molecule to society, involve close cooperation with health care providers. We work to develop knowledge of the most common illnesses and conditions, such as cardiovascular disease, obesity, asthma and diabetes.
Health and medicineSeniors’ use of urinary-tract infection antibioticshalved
Health and medicineCentre for Health Governanceinaugurated
Health and medicineJan Lötvall honored for cell-to-cell communicationdiscovery
Health and medicineAnnika Rosengren included among the world’s top female medicalscientists
Health and medicineYouth overweight a risk factor for blood clots asadult
Jobs and career
Register your interest to start your career with us!
More about us
- Press office - for journalists (External link)
- For students: Student portal (External link)
- For staff: Intranet (External link)
- For PhD students and supervisors: Doctoral studies on the intranet (External link)
- Akademistatistik – Counselling in statistics and health economics (External link)
- The University and COVID-19 (External link)
- Job opportunities (External link)