Ranging from descriptive results to in-depth research analysis, the SOM Institute publish a vast array of different publications each year. This page contains links to the reports, presentations and books available in English.
The systematic surveys conducted by the SOM Institute are unique in that they provide such long time series of data. Collection of data over a long period of time enables researchers to both observe changes in opinions and behavior and to study individual years in depth. Such analyses are available in the publications of the SOM Institute.
The annual report Swedish Trends provides a great overview of some of the most important trends and time series from the SOM surveys. Other reports made available in English are presented below.
The vast majority of our publications are in Swedish, and available on the Swedish version of this page.
Recent publications in English
- The effects of questionnaire length on response rate, non-response bias, and da… (External link)
- Swedish trends 1986-2021 (External link)
- Swedish Opinions on Different Energy Sources (External link)
- Strong public support for the Swedish welfare state (External link)
- The effects of diversified incentives among two hard-to-reach groups in Sweden:… (External link)
- Verbal labels and the number of response options in grid-type questions (External link)
- Swedish trends 1986-2020 (External link)
- Personality and the Ideological Left-Right Dimension (External link)
- The Trivial Pursuit effect: How political knowledge questions affect self-repor… (External link)