QRM's courses and workshops are open to educational researcher from various institutions and disciplines.
QRM offers method courses within three subdomains within the quantitative method area:
- Research design; how sampling, measurement and analysis in different combinations can contribute to research issues of descriptive and explanatory nature
- Measurement; Development of measuring instruments, scale construction, reliability and validity
- Analysis: Methods and techniques to investigate, describe and explain.
Within these three areas, courses of different difficulty are offered. The learning outcomes include both hands-on application of the various methods and critical examination of quantitative research.
QRM's courses and workshops are open to educational researcher from various institutions and disciplines;
- Registered PhD students and postdoctoral fellows; researchers, supervisors and lecturers at universities and colleges from all over Sweden
- International PhD students and postdoctoral fellows
Max 15 participants per course, doctoral students has priority. All courses are taught in English unless all participants agree on Swedish.
QRM's basic courses are recommended for anyone who has not previously worked with quantitative data or methods, or who have not been active users for a long time. All courses comprise 7.5 credits and are given at half-speed. Each course use educational science data and educational research questions as examples and applications. Statistical knowledge equivalent to the learning goals in Basic statistics (QRM1800) as well as experience of the statistical software packages such as SPSS forms the basis for participation in all other of QRM's courses. Most universities and colleges offer SPSS to employees and students, either as a site license or as a limited volume license.
- Basic statistics for educational research, 7.5 credits (QRM1800)
- Introduction to quantitative methods in educational research, 7.5 credits (QRM1810)
- Regression analysis in educational research, 7.5 credits (QRM1802)
All QRM's specialized courses comprise 7.5 credits and these courses require different degrees of prior methodlogical knowledge. Some of these analysis techniques also require software other than SPSS. Information on what is required is described for each course. Also these are given at half-speed.
- Interventions in educational research, 7,5 credits (QRM1811)
- Test- and instrument construction for educational research, 7.5 credits (QRM1805)
- Validity theory in educational measurement, 7.5 credits (QRM1804)
- Measurement: Theory and applications in educational research, 7.5 credits (QRM1803)
- Structural equation modelling in educational research, 7.5 credits (QRM1806)
- Multilevel modelling in educational research, 7.5 credits (QRM1807)
- Analysis of longitudinal data in educational research, 7.5 credits (QRM1808)
- Methods for causal inference in educational research, 7.5 credits (QRM1809)