A Master's degree in Earth Sciences or Geography provides you with cutting-edge expertise that is in demand on the international labour market.
After completing a Master's at the Department of Earth Sciences, you can expect high competence to work with more advanced tasks and complex issues in environmental, planning, nature and climate change areas. Within our Master's programmes, the Earth is explored - landmasses, oceans and atmosphere - as well as the interplay between planet Earth and humans. Our teachers and researchers have a long tradition of educating earth scientists as well as physical and cultural geographers, always aiming to tie our programmes to current research and studies for a sustainable future. Our programmes offer advanced research equipment so that you as a student will gain experience in both fieldwork and modern research.
Master's Programmes and second cycle courses
Your guide to studies and student life
- Step-by-step guide Apply for Master's programme
- Study in Gothenburg
- Find student housing (External link)
- Scholarships and grants (External link)
- Browse Master's thesis (External link)
- Campus and facilities (External link)
- Student life (External link)
- FAQ: Distance courses at Earth Sciences (External link)