SGS Student Housing for doctoral students
If you are a doctoral student, you can apply for accommodation through SGS, a foundation managing Gothenburg’s largest range of student housing. Even though the waiting time is normally about one and a half years, it is not impossible to be offered an accommodation through SGS's Direct and Last Minute. Start by creating an account on https://sgs.se
On the marketplaces "Direct" and "Last Minute", it can be easier to get an accommodation
Homes that are published on "Direkten" are usually immediately available. Direct housing can come in randomly at any time 9 am – 4 pm, Monday - Friday. They are then published on our website on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1 pm.
How it works:
1. Log in to "My pages". Go to "Vacant objects". Choose marketplace "Direct" and click "Search".
2. If we have something, you can register your interest in the object.
3. When 5 people have registered their interest, the object disappears from the website and an offer goes out immediately to the first 5.
4. Of these 5 who have received an offer, it is the queuing time that determines who gets the contract.
5. Once you have made an expression of interest, you will receive an offer immediately. There you should answer yes or no within
publication time (yes-answer is binding). The one with the longest queue time of those who has accepted, receives the rental agreement.
if there are no payment remarks. The other four are notified by e-mail that they have not received the housing contract.
NOTE! If you are already living with SGS and applying for an accommodation via "Direkten", you risk getting double rent.
Be aware that it can be difficult to get a direct apartment because there are many applicants.
Accommodation published on the marketplace "Last Minute" are immediately available. Queue time does not apply here, it is "first come, first served".
Last minute can come randomly at any time 9 am-4 pm, Monday - Friday.
These accommodations can be published any day, Monday - Friday and at any time, 9 am-4pm.
Last minute accommodation are usually single rooms with shared group kitchens.
How it works:
1. Log in to "My pages". Go to "available objects". Select marketplace "Last minute" and click "Search".
2. Most often it will say "No results", which means that we have nothing published right now.
3. If there is an accommodation published, you can call SGS Kundservice, 031-333 63 00 and register your interest.
You cannot register your interest on the website.
4. 4. If you are the first to call in and are entitled to apply for the home, you will receive the contract if there are no payment remarks.
Be aware that it can be very difficult to get a last minute as many people are looking for these accommodations.
SGS Studentbostäder - How to do