Apply for MFA Programme in Applied Arts and Design
This information concerns application for autumn 2023
You apply in three steps:
Apply for the programme at Universityadmissions.se Deadline: January 16, 2023
Submit your portfolio through SlideRoom Deadline: January 23, 2023
Submit documentation for your Bachelor’s degree and English 6 on Universityadmissions.se Deadline: 1 februari 2023.
Your application must be anonymous. Do not include name or contact details anywhere in this material. All texts must be in English.
Your portfolio to the MFA Programme in Applied Arts and Design should include:
1. CURRICULUM VITAE (CV) – maximum 2000 characters.
2. LETTER OF INTENT – maximum 5000 characters. A written statement describing your intensions in your work, your choice of the programme and an outline of your aims and goals of an individual project within the programme, including a description of the steps you would take in your process.
3. DOCUMENTATION OF YOUR WORK – through photographs / video / digital work (e.g. renderings / 3D models / other digital works), along with drawings and sketches. 15-20 images / video 5 min max. If you would like to add additional descriptive text, please place it in the field "Additional details"!
Your portfolio is assessed based on the following criteria:
- Artistic / design competence – capacity to give form and meaning to ideas and expressions using an investigative and reflective approach.
- Application of artistic /design methodologies and approaches relative to the subject area.
- Independence - experience running your own processes and independence in artistic expression.
- Material /technical knowledge /skills/experience in the subject area.
- Development potential.
Submit your portfolio
Submit your portfolio through our portfolio tool SlideRoom.
SlideRoom closes at midnight (CET) on the day of deadline. When you have submitted your portfolio in time, you receive a confirmation e-mail from SlideRoom.
We recommend that you upload your material 24 hours before the deadline. Please note that it is not possible to submit your portfolio after the application deadline.
Application, selection & admission
Documentation of bachelor's degree and English 6
Submit all documentation on Universityadmissions.se that shows you fulfill the entry requirement. It is important that you submit complete documentation and follow the country specific guidelines carefully. More information: Provide application documents .
If you submit incomplete documentation you will be considered unqualified.
Selection and admission
All complete applications are assessed by a jury consisting of the Programme Director and representatives from the department.
Applications are considered approved or not approved. Unapproved applications will become unqualified. A number of applicants will be selected for interviews. Notification on whether you are called for an interview or not will be sent to the email address you have registered on universityadmisssions.se.
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements can be granted exemption if the department judges that the applicant in other ways have demonstrated ability to benefit from programme. Ability to benefit from programme can be demonstrated by:
- other relevant education
- relevant work experience or other practical experience
- relevant artistic skills and abilities
- 17 October 2022: Application round opens
- 16 January 2023: Last day to apply on universityadmissions.se
- 23 January 2023: Last day to submit your portfolio in SlideRoom
- 1 February 2023: Last day to submit documentation of BA Degree/English
- 1 February 2023: Last day to pay the application fee or provide proof you are exempted from paying.
- February 2023: Invitations to interviews will be sent out.
The invitation is sent to the e-mail address registered on universityadmissions.se
March 2023: Interviews are held, dates will be published in January
- 30 March 2023: Admission results are published on universityadmissions.se