Apply for MFA Programme in Applied Arts and Design
This information concerns applications to the Master's programme Applied Arts and Design.
- Apply for the programme at www.universityadmissions.se
Application deadline: January 15
- Submit your portfolio through SlideRoom https://applyartsgu.slideroom.eu
Portfolio deadline: January 22
An application is not valid without a submitted portfolio.
Your portfolio for MFA Programme in Applied Arts and Design should be written in English and include:
- CURRICULUM VITAE (CV) – maximum 2000 characters.
- LETTER OF INTENT – maximum 5000 characters. A written statement describing your intensions in your work, your choice of the programme and an outline of your aims and goals of an individual project within the programme, including a timeline.
- DOCUMENTATION OF YOUR WORK – through photographs / video, along with drawings and sketches. 15–20 images / video 5 min max.
Your application must be anonymous. Do not include name or contact details anywhere in this material. All texts must be in English.
Assessment/Criteria of the portfolio
Your portfolio is assessed based on the following criteria:
- Artistic / design competence – capacity to give form and meaning to ideas and expressions using an investigative and reflective approach.
- Application of artistic /design methodologies and approaches relative to the subject area.
- Independence - experience running your own processes and independence in artistic expression.
- Material /technical knowledge /skills/experience in the subject area.
- Development potential.
Submit your portfolio
Submit your portfolio through our portfolio tool SlideRoom: https://applyartsgu.slideroom.eu
SlideRoom closes at midnight (CET) on the day of deadline. When you have submitted your portfolio in time, you receive a confirmation e-mail from SlideRoom.
Please note that it is not possible to submit your portfolio after the application deadline.
More information about SlideRoom here: About Slideroom
Application, selection & admission
Documentation of Bachelor’s degree and English 6
Submit all documentation on antagning.se/universityadmissions.se that shows you fulfill the entry requirement. It is important that you submit complete documentation and follow the country specific guidelines carefully. More information: Required documents.
If you submit incomplete documentation you will be considered unqualified.
Selection and admission
All complete applications are assessed by a jury consisting of the Programme Director and representatives from the department.
Applications are assessed and considered approved or not approved. Applicants whose portfolio is considered not approved will become unqualified. A number of applicants are selected for interviews. Interviews are held at HDK-Valand or conducted online. Notification on whether you are called for an interview or not will be sent to the email address that is registered on universityadmisssions.se.
Your academic qualifications are assessed separately from the portfolio.
The jury has the possibility of making exemptions from the entry requirements of the programme if the portfolio shows that the applicants has knowledge, skills and experience equal that of the required Bachelor’s degree.
- 16 October, 2020: Application round opens
- 15 January, 2021: Last day to apply on www.universityadmissions.se
- 22 January, 2021: Last day to submit your portfolio in SlideRoom
- 1 February, 2021: Last day to submit the documents required to prove you are qualified on www.universityadmissions.se
- 1 February, 2021: Last day to pay the application fee or provide proof you are exempted from paying.
- February 2021: Invitations to interviews will be sent out. The invitation is sent to the e-mail address registered on universityadmissions.se.
- March 2021: Interviews are held. Dates will be published in January.
- February - March 2021: Your formal academic qualifications are assessed
- 9 April, 2021: Admission results are published on www.universityadmissions.se