Person-centred care for care providers
This study examines a care model that is based on partnership, so-called person-centred care (PCC). The model is expected to contribute to improved care content and smoother movements between healthcare operations as well as an improved working environment for both employees and first-line managers in healthcare. The project aims to problematise and apply a person-centred approach to patients, employees and managers at different levels (micro, meso, macro) within care, for effective and efficient healthcare, i.e. use simple and better solutions when it comes to the challenges in care.
The aim was to identify variables that define and describe content of PCC in relation to care content, care times and movements between care providers.
Published scientific articles emanating from the project:
- Rosengren, K. Person-centred care: A qualitative study on first line managers’ experiences on its implementation. Health Services Management Research. 2016 29(3): 42-49. DOI: 10.1177/0951484816637748
- Rosengren, K., Danielsson, L., Jansson, L. & Wallengren, C. Development of an academic course in person-centred care for students in higher education – teachers’ perspectives. Education Research International Volume 2018, Article ID 9854169, 9 pages. DOI: 10.1155/2018/9854169
- Rosengren, K., Ulin, K & Carlström, E. Characteristic of person-centered care as documented in medical records at a medical department – a mixed methods. Journal of Hospital Administration 2019 8(2): 7-13. DOI: 10.5430/jha.v8n2p7.
- Larsson, H., Handanovic, D., Rosengren, K. Simplifying the care plan documentation procedure – An interview study with nurses at a medical ward at a university hospital in Sweden. Journal of Hospital Administration 2019 8(4): 54-64. DOI: 105430/jha.v8n4p54.
- Joachim, V & Rosengren, K. Nursing preceptorship, a supportive and reflective approach for promoting a healthy working environment – a multi methods design. Nordic Journal of Nursing Research. First Published July 6, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1177/20571585211025207
- Källén, E., Nimström, S., & Rosengren, K. Content and structure of ward rounds focusing interprofessional collaboration on an internal medicine ward: An observational study of interprofessional collaboration. Nordic Journal of Nursing Research. First Published November 13, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1177/20571588211052757
Kristina Rosengren, Associate Professor, The Institute of Health and Care Sciences, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg.
Eric Carlström, Professor, The Institute of Health and Care Sciences, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg.
Catarina Wallengren, Associate Professor, The Institute of Health and Care Sciences, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg.