JMG's Master's Programme in Investigative Journalism
Do you want to learn more about investigative journalism and its possibilities? Together with other students from all over the world, you will have the opportunity to sharpen your knowledge for one year at JMG's international Master's Programme in Investigative Journalsim, MIJ.
The programme will give you a rich understanding of investigative journalism as a democratic phenomenon, the skills to conceive, design, conduct, deliver and publish effective journalistic investigations in today’s digital media environments. We focus on cross-border collaborative journalism, data journalism and investigative journalism methods.
More about the programme
Meet the MIJ team of lecturers
- Brigitte Alfter. Lecturer, journalist, lead of the CJC programme (External link)
- Sandra Foresti. Lecturer, lead of the Datajournalism course at MIJ (External link)
- Helena Löfving. Lecturer, lead of the Datajournalism course at MIJ (External link)
- David Crouch. Senior lecturer (External link)
- Mathias Färdigh. Senior lecturer (External link)
Read more about the MIJ Programme
More information about programme structure and content, who should apply, prerequisities etc. here.
See our students' investigations
Many of the students have had their final projects in investigative journalism published in both Swedish and international media. You will find some examples here.
Application and scholarships
Study at the University of Gothenburg
Welcome to JMG
The Department of Journalism, Media and Communication