Special instructions for application to MIJ
For the selection we require a CV and a Letter of Intent.
We therefore ask that, in addition to documents related to the formal admissions criteria (i.e. transcript, degree, and, if needed, certification that you meet the language requirement), you also submit;
- a CV that gives an overview of your academic and employment history. Since students’ individual writing skills and advanced analytical abilities are cornerstones of the Master’s program in Investigative Journalism, the CV should include an account of previous practical writing and familiarity with social science methodologies. Maximum 500 words.
- a Letter of Intent that should adress the following questions – maximum 500 words:
- What are your personal, and professional, aims and aspirations, and in what way do you think the programme will help you develop toward those goals?
- What specifically in the programme structure and content attracted your interest?
- How have your past experiences, both academic and non-academic, shaped your interest in the issues dealt with in the programme?
- How have these experiences prepared you for the programme?
Please note that the maximum word length is 500 words each for the two documents and that they should be written in English.
Please save your CV and Letter of Intent into PDF-documents and upload them together with the rest of your documents when you submit your application.