Important: Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, we must adapt our entrance exams in accordance with the Swedish Public Health Agency's recommendations. These recommendations are subject to change at short notice, which means that the tests may need to be adapted further. In that case, changes will be published on this page. In addition, we will notify you via the email address you provide when registering.
The following applies to applicants starting their studies autumn 2021.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the admission tests to the Master’s programme of Fine Arts in Music with specialization in Symphonic Orchestra Performance will be carried out entirely through digital work samples.
Applicants for orchestra instruments
Audition: The repertoire consists of orchestral excerpts and one concerto. More information about this in the pdf file Auditions repertoire list. The sheet music of the orchestra excerpts will be sent to you via e-mail.
Interview: Interview questions are sent to you in the same e-mail as the orchestra excerpts. Your answers have to be recorded in a separate video clip. You are free to speak Swedish or English.
Applicants for piano
- Solo performance with pieces from two distinct eras, at least ten minutes long in total.
- Required opera excerpts.
- Required orchestral excerpts.
The sheet music of the excerpts will be sent to you via e-mail.
Interview: Interview questions are sent to you in the same e-mail as the sheet music. Your answers have to be recorded in a separate video clip. You are free to choose Swedish or English for your interview.
Instructions for digital work samples
As work samples, you record one video for the interview as well as videos for your audition as follows.
All instruments except piano and percussion:
- Video 1: The concerto is to be recorded in one shot
- Video 2: Orchestral excerpts are to be recorded in one shot
- One solo performance per video
- All excerpts are to be recorded in one shot
- Video 1: Excerpts 1 – 5 are to be recorded in one shot
- Video 2: Excerpts 6 – 10 are to be recorded in one shot
Requirements when recording a video:
- Clearly state which piece you will be performing on the recording.
- The recording has to be of high sound quality.
- The applicant must be visible in close-up.
- Face, arms and instruments should be clearly visible
- The recordings must not be edited.
- Accepted file formats are: .m4v, .mov, .mp4, .wmv, .flv, .asf, .mpeg, .mpg, .mkv
- Maximum file size per video is 500 MB.
Submit your work samples digitally via our service SlideRoom.