The investments are to be made in one or more of the following areas:
- Recruitment of Ph. D. students
- Recruitment of external post-docs or, alternatively, positions with post-doc-like work conditions
- Recruitment of professor(s) or, alternatively, guest-professor(s)
The Department of Education, Communication and Learning has received SEK 3 432 000 for the years 2020 and 2023, and SEK 6 863 000 for the years 2021 and 2022. Based on this scheme, the Department has formulated a strategic programme based on the specific needs and challenges perceived.
The Department will use the added resources (in addition to resources already available in the regular budget) in the following way:
- Two Ph. D. positions for research on leisure home centres (after-school educare)
- Two Ph. D. positions for research in the area of learning, education and ICT
- One Ph. D. position in education
Time for research for senior lecturers employed at the Department: four such allocations of 50 per cent research time during three years. Three of these allocations of 50 per cent time for research will be part of externally advertised senior lectureships (with tenure).
Research time for senior lecturers employed at the Department (who are not yet docenter/associate professors), six allocations of periods of two months' research time
- A post-doc specialising in educational research using quantitative methods