Apply for MFA Programme in Photography
This information concerns applications to the Master's programme in Photography.
- Apply for the programme at www.universityadmissions.se
Application deadline: January 15
- Submit your portfolio through SlideRoom https://applyartsgu.slideroom.eu
Portfolio deadline: January 22
An application is not valid without a submitted portfolio.
Your portfolio to the MFA Programme in Photography should include:
- CURRICULUM VITAE (CV) – maximum 2 pages, pdf format. The CV should include information on your previous education, exhibitions, projects, publications, grants and other experience you have acquired within the field of visual arts.
- ARTIST STATEMENT – maximum 4000 characters. Please reflect upon your artistic practice, process and objectives. Relate this to the contemporary world as you perceive it as a visual artist/photographer.
- LETTER OF INTENT – maximum 8000 characters. Explain your reasons for applying to the MFA in Photography and your goals for your own artistic development within the education. Also, describe a project you wish to realize within the framework of the programme.
- WORK SAMPLES – limited to 3–7 projects. Each project can consist of one or more images. Please also provide a clear account of how your practice has developed over time. You are free to upload any desired combination of video, sound, stills and text but please limit the duration of a clip to 15 minutes. Don't forget to indicate title, medium, dimensions and date of production for each uploaded work.
Your application must be anonymous. Do not include name or contact details anywhere in this material. All texts must be in English.
Assessment/Criteria of the portfolio
- Technical skills and artistic ability
- Knowledge of the subject Photography and its contexts
- Ability to orally present, reflect and argue around their own choices (in the portfolio)
- Expected ability to utilize/learn from/make use of the programme
Submit your portfolio
Submit your portfolio through our portfolio tool SlideRoom: https://applyartsgu.slideroom.eu
SlideRoom closes at midnight (CET) on the day of deadline. When you have submitted your portfolio in time, you receive a confirmation e-mail from SlideRoom.
Please note that it is not possible to submit your portfolio after the application deadline.
More information about SlideRoom here: About Slideroom
Application, selection & admission
Documentation of Bachelor’s degree and English 6
Submit all documentation on antagning.se/universityadmissions.se that shows you fulfill the entry requirement. It is important that you submit complete documentation and follow the country specific guidelines carefully. More information: Required documents .
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements can be granted exemption if the department judges that the applicant in other ways have demonstrated ability to benefit from programme. Ability to benefit from programme can be demonstrated by:
- other relevant education
- relevant work experience or other practical experience
- relevant artistic skills and abilities
If you submit incomplete documentation you will be considered unqualified.
- 16 October, 2020: Application round opens.
- 15 January, 2021: Last day to apply on www.universityadmissions.se.
- 22 January, 2021: Last day to submit your portfolio in SlideRoom.
- 1 February, 2021: Last day to submit the documents required to prove you are qualified on www.universityadmissions.se.
- 1 February 2021: Last day to pay the application fee or provide proof you are exempted from paying.
- February 2021: Invitations to interviews will be sent out. The invitation is sent to the e-mail address registered on universityadmissions.se.
- March 2021: Interviews are held. Dates will be published in January.
- February - March 2021: Your formal academic qualifications are assessed.
- 9 April 2021: Admission results are published on www.universityadmissions.se.