Our general goals are to:
- Minimize the number of people getting stroke
- Work with health promotion
- Offer an improved prevention of illness
- Concentrate on earlier efforts, with emergency assessment and treatment, to lessen the impact of brain damage and neurological disabilities
- Develop and improve rehabilitation
- Strengthen and improve communication and cooperation between the hospital, out-patients’ clinic, and the local authorities
From research to practice
An important task for the SCV is to take part in the fast evaluation of research findings, and to introduce them into the practical healthcare. To be able to reach our ambitions and goals, a separate structure has been established, where the SCV co-operates with Sahlgrenska University Hospital, and the unit for regional development in Region Västra Götaland. Co-operation is also taking place with the life-science industry to be able to implement new techniques and treatment principles.
The SCV is open to all researchers in Region Västra Götaland interested in stroke. The research findings are published at annually recurring open one-day seminars, and at national and international meetings. The SCV also promotes strengthening of co-operation with other universities, both in Sweden and internationally.
The SCV is located at the Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology (the Department of Clinical Neuroscience) at the Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg. The Management team consists of the director of the SCV, Chairman, Vice-Chairman and a member of the control group. The director of the SCV has the operative responsibility to manage the scientific work, together with the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the steering committee. The steering committee consists of ten to fifteen representatives from the Sahlgrenska Academy, the Region Västra Götaland, and the Chalmers’ University of Technology.
For more information, please contact:
Lars Rosengren, Director of the SCV: firstname.lastname@example.org