Project Development and In-Depth Artistic Studies
This course is aimed to you that work in an artistic practice and want to develop and investigate an artistic question. The course is both theoretical and practical. You get the opportunity to develop your artistic practice in relation to our specializations Metal Art, Textile - Body - Space or Wood Oriented Furniture Design.
The application is made with a description of the project you want to develop and carry out. In the application you should also describe how you want to develop collaborations with parties relevant to your project.
In the first part of the course you deepen and clarify the project's theoretical context and how it relates to the surrounding society. In parallel, you work with material experiments. Based on this, you formulate a developed project description that you plan and implement in the second part of the course.
At the end of the course, you will write a course report and present the results of your investigations orally and as an exhibition.
The course involves full-time studies and is given on site at Campus Steneby. The teaching takes the form of individual project work, lectures, supervision individually and in groups, workshops and seminars. The language of instruction is English.
A more detailed schedule for the course will be published in the Learning Platform Canvas before the start of the course.
Apply in three steps
- Apply for the course at universityadmissions.se. Deadline April 17, 2023.
- Submit your portfolio SlideRoom. Deadline April 24, 2023.
- Submit documentation proving you meet the entry requirements of the course on universityadmissions.se. Deadline June 21, 2023.
Your portfolio must contain;
- Letter of intent - Describes your choice of the course
- Project proposal - A written proposal outlining the aims and nature of the project that you would like to deepen and implement during the course period of 20 weeks. Describe the project with the headlines Background/Context Description, Aims, Expected Outcomes, Question Formulation and Method/Approach
- Presentation of your artistic work in metal, textile or wood, along with drawings and sketches, 15-20 picture.
Your appliction must be anonymous. Please do not include your name or any personal information in your application.
Prerequisites and selection
Fine Arts education of at least 180 credits or the equivalent, as well as English proficiency equivalent to English 6/English B.
The selection is based on submitted work samples.