The Scandinavian rights revolution: Individual rights, civil society mobilisation and democratic change
How has civil society legal mobilisation shaped the judicial expansion of individual legal rights in Denmark, Norway and Sweden? This project analyzes how civil society groups in Scandinavia have mobilized law in courts to pursue their aims and how their litigation has, in turn, transformed societies. The project brings together a group of researchers in law, political science and sociology of law, based at the universities of Gothenburg, Oslo and Copenhagen.
- Anna Wallerman Ghavanini, University of Gothenburg
- Johan Karlsson Schaffer, University of Gothenburg
- Jon Kåre Skiple, NORCE Research Institute
- Kjersti Lohne, University of Oslo
- Malcolm Langford, University of Oslo
- Mikael Rask Madsen, University of Copenhagen