Doctoral StudentDepartment of Social
About Tobias Jansson
- B.A. Social work, Department of social work, Gothenburg University
- M.A. Social work, Department of social work, Gothenburg University
- Previously active as social worker within the social services.
My dissertation aims to examine the state regulated practice of settlement in Sweden from a historical perspective. The project aims to deepen the understanding of the genealogy of prior and present practices and the discourses, ideas and arguments which enables them. Through the project the goal is also to show how the regulatory practice and active discourses formulate ideas about human rights and human dignity.
- Research network focusing social exclusion och kontroll within the department of social work.
- Research network Migration Integration och Socialt work (MIOS).
- National research network Socialt work och migration.
The (Un)Becoming of The Generous Swedish Migration Policy Regime: A Comparison Between Two Formative Moments of Swedish Migration
The ‘Transforming Mobility and Immobility: Brexit and Beyond’ IMISCOE Spring Conference, 28-29 March 2019 in Sheffield, UK. Organised by the Migration Research Group at the University of Sheffield in collaboration with the Centre of Migration Research (CMR) at the University of Warsaw and IMISCOE. - 2019-01-01
The configuration of migration regulation and the dominating function of
19th Nordic Migration Research Conference New (Im)mobilities: Migration and Race in the Era of Authoritarianism, 15–17 August 2018, in Norrköping, Sweden. Hosted by The Institute for Research on Migration and Ethnicity and Society (REMESO) - 2018-01-01