The infrastructure consists of robots and automated phenotyping devices that are used in genome-wide approaches in many fields of bioscience. Software and databases have been developed for data generation, analysis, storage and presentation. Moreover, existing massive microbial strain collections are a fundament of the screening services that the infrastructure delivers.
Instrument and booking information
- ImageXpress MICRO (MDC), automated cellular imaging and analysis system.
- MICROLAB STAR Line (Hamilton), large scale liquid handling robotic system.
- Synergy 2 Multi-Mode Microplate Reader (BioTek), to detect the cell density.
- Singer RoToR HDA (Singer Instrument), automated large-scale SGA analysis robot, to integrate reporters into different strain collections by cross recombination.
- Bioscreen C (OY Growth Curves AB), automated high throughput growth screening analysis.
- Flow cytometer, FACS Aria, BD equipment.
Services and prices
The facility consists of expert scientists, researchers and technicians that have extensive experience in different high-content screening fields, for example, agar-based screening, liquid-based profiling, imaging-based screening, etc. In general, the costs for our services will be calculated based on the instrument maintenance and depreciation, material and consumable and personnel costs. A collaboration model can be applied and depends on the agreement between the user and the specific researcher at the facility.
- High-content, high throughput, imaging based screening (HCS)
- High resolution, high-throughput quantitative growth phenotyping (liquid and solid medium growth phenotyping)
- Synthetic gene arrays: genome-wide genetic interaction screens
- Chemical genetics: bioactive molecules
- Experimental evolution.