Wood Oriented Furniture Design, continuation course
This is a freestanding course that includes a full-time semester study in design with specialization in Wood Oriented Furniture Design. The course is aimed at those who already have some experience in design and wood on a university level, and who want to develop within the field.
Throughout this course you will join in the second semester of the BFA Program in Wood Oriented Furniture Design. During this semester you will have the opportunity to deepen your knowledge and understanding of wood materials and techniques.
You are expected to further develop your working methods and reflection on your own work, as well as communicating your choice of methods, both in writing and orally. Continuation modules in visual studies and literacy, as well as theory and history, are also included in the course. Teaching takes the form of lectures and exercises with supervision, workshops and briefings. The language of instruction is English.
The course is part of the international environment at the Academy of Design and Crafts, HDK, at Campus Steneby.
Apply in three steps
- Apply for the course at universityadmissions.se Deadline 16 October, 2023.
- Submit your portfolio SlideRoom. Deadline 23 October, 2023.
- Submit documentation proving you meet the entry requirements of the course on universityadmissions.se. Deadline 1 December, 2023.
Work samples / Portfolio
- Previous experience and education, max 3000 character. In this part, you refer to courses you have attended and describe past experiences that you believe are important for your application. Previous employments, hobbies or travels can be just as important to list here, if you find that it strengthens your application. Please motivate why you apply for this course
- Work samples, 6 - 10 images. In this part you show own work that represent your creative experience. We want to see photographs of furniture and objects, drawings, sketches, paintings and/or croquis. Each uploaded photograph must have a caption explaining why the photograph is included in the application. We evaluate your portfolio based on process, presentation and ideas. The education is based on independent and practical exploration of the material wood and therefore we would like to see examples of experience of this in your portfolio.
Your application must be anonymous. Please do not include your name or any personal information in you application.
The course package is given with a study pace of 100% at Campus Steneby. The language of instruction is English.
A more detailed schedule for the course will be published in the Learning Platform Canvas before the start of the course.
Prerequisites and selection
Wood Oriented Furniture Design, introductory course, 30 credits, or equivalent
The selection is based on submitted work samples.