Apply for MFA Programme in Crafts
This information concerns applications to the Master's programme in Crafts. Deadline for late applications is April 16.
- Apply for the programme at www.universityadmissions.se
- Submit your portfolio through SlideRoom https://applyartsgu.slideroom.eu
An application is not valid without a submitted portfolio.
Your portfolio to the MFA Programme in Crafts in Ceramic Art, Jewellery Art or Textile Art should include:
- CV – 1 pdf, maximum 2 pages. The CV will be evaluated on previous and relevant artistic and professional experience.
- LETTER OF INTENT – maximum 3000 characters. Describe your background and previous experience of your chosen specialization, Textile Art, Jewellery Art or Ceramic Art. We also want you to describe how you intend to develop your knowledge and skills in the context of the programme, and how you want to contribute artistically, professionally and academically within the field of Crafts and your chosen specialization.
The letter of intent will be assessed on your ability to articulate your learning goals, your interests and previous experience of your chosen specialization, as well as your understanding of the field of Crafts.
- WORK SAMPLES – 10-20 images. Photographic presentations of your work. Name the title, material and year of each work. A description of each piece of maximum 1000 characters is voluntary. Maximum 2 videofiles is possible. The work samples will be assessed on your artistic and technical ability.
Your application must be anonymous. Do not include name or contact details anywhere in this material. All texts must be in English.
Assessment/Criteria of the portfolio
The CV will be evaluated on previous and relevant artistic and professional experience. The letter of intent will be assessed on your ability to articulate your learning goals, your interests and previous experience of your chosen specialization, as well as your understanding of the field of Crafts. The work samples will be assessed on your artistic and technical ability, taking into account the following criteria:
- Material knowledge and skills in crafts
- Artistic competence
- Development potential
The portfolio is assessed as a part of the entry requirements and need to fulfil the assessment criteria to be considered approved.
Submit your portfolio
Submit your portfolio through our portfolio tool SlideRoom: https://applyartsgu.slideroom.eu
SlideRoom closes at midnight (CET) on the day of deadline. When you have submitted your portfolio in time, you receive a confirmation e-mail from SlideRoom.
Please note that it is not possible to submit your portfolio after the application deadline.
More information about SlideRoom here: About Slideroom
Application, selection & admission
Documentation of Bachelor’s degree and English 6
Submit all documentation on antagning.se/universityadmissions.se that shows you fulfill the entry requirement. It is important that you submit complete documentation and follow the country specific guidelines carefully. More information: Required documents .
If you submit incomplete documentation you will be considered unqualified.
Selection and admission
All complete applications are assessed by a jury consisting of the Programme Director and representatives from the department.
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements can be granted exemption if the department judges that the applicant in other ways have demonstrated ability to benefit from programme. Ability to benefit from programme can be demonstrated by:
- other relevant education
- relevant work experience or other practical experience
- relevant artistic skills and abilities
- 16 October, 2020: Application round opens.
- 15 January, 2021: Last day to apply on www.universityadmissions.se.
- 22 January, 2021: Last day to submit your portfolio in SlideRoom.
- 1 February, 2021: Last day to submit the documents required to prove you are qualified on www.universityadmissions.se.
- 1 February 2021: Last day to pay the application fee or provide proof you are exempted from paying.
- February - March 2021: Your formal academic qualifications are assessed.
- 9 April 2021: Admission results are published on www.universityadmissions.se.