The Faculty of Science offers challenging multi-disciplinary Master's programmes, most of them open to international students.
Our Master's programmes are of high quality and are closely connected to our research. Studying science at the advanced level will give the student the ability to think critically, manage scientific methods and communicate science.
Our Master's programmes (120 credits)
- Atmosphere, Climate and Ecosystems
- Biodiversity and Systematics
- Complex Adaptive Systems
- Conservation with Specialization in Conservation of Cultural Heritage Objects
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Marine Science
- Mathematical Sciences
- Molecular Biology
- Organic and Medicinal Chemistry
- Physical Oceanography
- Sea and Society
- Sustainable Production and Utilization of Marine Bioresources
Why study science in Gothenburg?
Choose a a university with cutting-edge facilities, where the closeness to nature and the sea makes for a particular educational and stimulating study environment. We offer interdisciplinary programmes closely connected to internationally renowned research areas, where you develop your theoretical and practical skills in small classes.
- Small classes allowing close contact with researchers.
- Our marine courses connect theory with practical observation on, in and at the sea.
- If you have citizenship in EU, EEA country, or Switzerland, you are not required to pay application or tuition fees in Sweden
Application and tuition fees
As a fee-paying student, you must pay tuition fee before you start your studies at the University of Gothenburg. Below is…