Every two years, the Department of Law publishes an open call for applications for admission to its Doctor of Laws programme. Applications outside the department's call are not considered.
The call is published in December with deadline for applicaton in February and start of studies in August.
The call is published at the University of Gothenburg's home page, Job opportunities. Next call is expected in December 2022.
The application should be submitted electronically through the university's job application portal and it should contain:
- Curriculum Vitae, maximum one page,
- Application for admission to doctoral studies - please, use the form below(Application form),
- Project outline, maximum eight pages excl. Reference list,
- Certified copies of LL.B. (min. 3 years full time studies, 180 ECTS credits) and LL.M. (min. 1,5 years full time studies, 90 ECTS credits including a thesis of min. 15 ECTS credits) degrees including Diploma supplement and transcript of records providing information about the programme's length, content, passed courses and grades. The applicants must also provide documentation that shows that they have written a Master's thesis of min. of 15 ECTS.
NB All degrees and diploma supplements must be certified and translated by an authorised translator into Swedish or English.
- Master's thesis of min. of 15 ECTS in full text,
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of English or Swedish.
The project outline shall set out the questions, theories, methods and sources of relevance for the project.
The project outline should contain the following headings:
- Aim and background incl. literature review
- Research problem/ research question
- Expected results
- Originality and relevance of the project
- Reference list, please use Oxford or Harvard referencing format for in-text citations and the reference list
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.