Every two years, the Department of Law publishes an open call for applications for admission to its Doctor of Laws programme. Applications outside the department's call are not considered.
The call is published in December with deadline for applicaton in February and start of studies in August.
The call is published at the University of Gothenburg's home page, Job opportunities. Next call is expected in December 2024.
The application should be submitted electronically through the university's job application portal and it should contain:
- Curriculum Vitae, maximum one page,
- Application for admission to doctoral studies - please, use the form below(Application form),
- Project outline, maximum five pages excl. Reference list,
- Certified copies of LL.B. and LL.M. degrees including Diploma supplement and transcript of records providing information about the programme's length, content, passed courses and grades.
NB All degrees and diploma supplements must be certified and translated by an authorised translator into Swedish or English.
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of English or Swedish.
- A writing sample, e.g., a master or bachelor thesis or another text authored by the applicant
The project outline shall set out the research question, theory, methodology, and sources of relevance for the project.
The project outline should contain the following headings:
- Aim, background, and literature review
- Research problem/ research question
- Originality and relevance of the project
- Implementation of the proposed project
- Reference list, please use Oxford or Harvard referencing format for in-text citations and the reference list
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.