Every two years, the Department of Law publishes a call for applications for admission to its Doctor of Laws programme. The call is published in December with deadline for applicaton in February and start of studies in August. The call is published at the University of Gothenburg's home page, Work at the University of Gothenburg.
The application should be submitted electronically through the university's job application portal and it should contain:
- Curriculum Vitae, maximum one page,
- Application for admission to doctoral studies - please, use Application form - doctoral studies.pdf
- Project outline, maximum eight pages excl. Reference list,
- Certified copies of LL.B. and LL.M. degrees including Diploma supplement and transcript of records providing information about the programme's length, content, passed courses and grades. NB All degrees and diploma supplements must be certified and translated by an authorised translator into Swedish or English.
- Master's thesis of min. 15 ECTS in full text
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of English or Swedish
The project outline shall set out the questions, theories, methods and sources of relevance for the project. The project outline should contain the following headings:
- Aim and background incl. literature review
- Research problem/ research question
- Expected results
- Novelty and relevancy of the project
- Reference list, please use Oxford or Harvard referencing format for in-text citations and the reference list
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.