IT-student awarded Fredrika Bremer Scholarship
IT Faculty student Zahra Saadatmand has been awarded the Fredrika-Bremer-Association Scholarship. Out of 210 applicants 19 students were awarded. Zahra is originally from Iran and is studying in the master's programme Digital Leadership. She hopes this award can motivate and inspire other students and free-movers to apply for funding.
How much is the scholarship?
– It is 20 000 SEK.
What do you plan to do with the money?
– I enjoy reading books about technology and self-development. In this time of Corona I do it more than before. Thus, I will spend part of the scholarship buying books. Besides, I am a free mover student, and the scholarship will cover parts of my tuition fee and living costs.
Any suggestions for other students on how to write successful applications for scholarships?
– Writing an application seems so complicated, but there are some easy and practical tips:
- Be yourself.
- Write simple and clear.
- Remember that you usually don't have to be perfect to receive a student scholarship. They are granted to support your development. Therefore, be confident in sending your application and give it a try.
- You will have a limited amount of words. Check the scholarship organization out and describe your accomplishments and plans related to the area. It is essential to write about your future plans.
Did you know about Fredrika Bremer before you applied for the scholarship?
– Unfortunately, I didn't know about Fredrika Bremer before. I found the scholarship in the web site of University of Gothenburg, Now I have been reading more about her.
- Fredrika Bremer (1801-1865) was an author and womens rights activist,
- Free mover is a student who arranges the studies - including application and fees - without the help from the university in the home country.