Biomathematics and biostatistics
The Bio-group develops mathematical and statistical models and methods addressing various biological phenomena. The members of the group are involved in research projects in the areas of
• systems biology,
• mathematical and statistical modeling of cancer,
• statistical genetics, bioinformatics, and metagenomics,
• quantitative evolutionary biology and ecology,
• population dynamics and genealogical models,
• medical statistics, clinical trials, and epidemiology.