Advanced Organic Chemistry
The course in Advanced Organic Chemistry provides in-depth and expanded knowledge as well as experimental skills in organic chemistry with a focus on synthetic aspects of complex organic compounds.
After this course, you should be able to
- carry out, plan and understand organic reactions at a deeper level
- perform qualified separation and structural analysis of organic compounds.
The knowledge and skills obtained in this course are necessary for further studies in organic chemistry and medicinal chemistry.
The course is divided into a theoretical part and a practical part where different types of learning activities are used.
This course is taught in English.
Prerequisites and selection
50 credits within Chemistry, including KEM030, Organic chemistry or KEM031, Organic Chemistry for Students of Pharmacy, 15 credits or equal qualifications.
Selection is based upon the number of credits from previous university studies, maximum 285 credits
The course can be included in the following programmes:
- Bachelor’s programme in Chemistry (N1KEM)
- Master's programme in Chemistry (N2KEM)
- Master's programme in Organic and Medicinal Chemistry (N2KEL)
- Master's programme in Chemistry and Learning (N2KOL).
The course can also be applied for as a stand-alone course.
The course is given on Campus Medicinareberget.