Gunilla Blomqvist Sköldberg
Project CoordinatorSchool of Global
LecturerSchool of Global
About Gunilla Blomqvist Sköldberg
- Ph D in Peace and development research, 2004
I work as project coordinator, teacher and researcher at the School of Global Studies. In addition I work as international election observer for the EU and the OSCE.
- Capacity building in Rwanda: As project coordinator I work primarily with a Capacity building programme in collaboration with the University of Rwanda. The programme is funded by Sida and aims to strengthen higher education and to build research capacity within the fields of peace, conflict and security.
- Teaching and tutoring: Primarily as course convenor for "Development studies/International relations/Human ecology: Thesis," 15 HEC.
- Areas of interest: Issues related to work conditions, division of labour, gender discourses, masculinity, democratisation and globalisation. The PhD project examined ideologies and discourses of gender segregation within the garment export industry and construction industry in India, Tamil Nadu. Field work was carried out in Chennai during 1999-2001 and the project was funded by Sida/Sarec.
- Recent research: I have, since 2014, together with Anja Franck and Karin Hallberg, carried out research on "Men and Masculinity in the Port of Gothenburg“. The project was funded by Anna Ahrenberg's foundation, and is now completed.
Från bösiga knegare till goa gubbar - men var är tjejerna? Om män och maskulinitet i Göteborgs
Karin Hallberg, Gunilla Blomqvist
Arbetarhistoria - 2017-01-01
Gender discourses at work : export industry workers and construction workers in Chennai, Tamil Nadu,
Indian women and gender ideologies at
Schulz, M. (ed.), Peace and development - their interrelationship in the global system: an inventory of peace and development research at PADRIGU: a Festschrift in honour of professor Björn Hettne - 1999-01-01
Ideologier och drejskivor - reserverat för
Feministiskt perspektiv (dept. for Women's Studies, Göteborg University) - 1998-01-01
Vem gör jobbet och vad är det
Producing for export: Indian women at
Icda Journal - 1998-01-01