MeetingPoint HR - Global organizations and global HRM
Challenges for culture, leadership and industrial relations
8 September 2015
Many of today's organizations are global and have a worldwide perspective, made possible by the technical and social development in recent decades. Global organizations face many big challenges, particularly in the HR field.
How can a global organization support and promote local multi-cultural conditions? How can leadership be designed to promote high performance teams and working groups in different time zones, 24/7 on the basis of a sustainable employee perspective? How can industrial relations develop in global organizations, where particular attention must be taken of the cultural and legal conditions and business? What is the role of different labour market institutions in different countries and how are they linked to HRM and industrial relations?
Welcome to Meeting Point HR where you will get to meet and listen to business leaders and researchers who give their perspectives on these issues. The Meeting Point is organized by Center for Global Human Resource Management (CGHRM) in co-operation with the Partnership Programme.
- Bernd Brandl, Senior Lecturer in HRM, Newcastle University Business School
- Niklas Egels-Zandén, School of Business, Economics and Law, University of Gothenburg
- Jan-Olof Jacke, CEO AstraZeneca Sweden
- Kerstin Renard, Executive Vice President Corporate Human Resources, Volvo Group
- Moderator: Ola Bergström, Professor, The Department of Business Administration, School of Business, Economics and Law, University of Gothenburg
Date: Tuesday 8 September 2015
Time: 14.30 – 17.30
Registration and coffee from 14.00. Mingle from 17.30.
Location: SEB-salen, Handelshögskolan, Vasagatan 1, Göteborg