Single Subject Courses
We have a variety of individual/single subject courses in psychology at the undergraduate and graduate level. Many of our students choose to take a degree with psychology as their major, while some choose to study psychology as part of, or a complement to, a degree with another major. Still others, who are already in professional life, study a course with us to develop their skills.
Courses in Swedish
If you know Swedish, you can choose from all our courses.
Courses in English
We also offer courses in psychology in English that you can take as a free-mover or within the Faculty of Social Sciences' exchange programme.
Courses in psychology starting in spring or autumn semester
Spring semester (January-June)
- PX1112 Group psychology, Innovation and intercultural perspectives, Bachelor’s level, 15 credits
- PX2104 Legal Psychology: Current Research, Master's level, 15 credits
- PX2105 Social psychology, Master's level, 15 credits.
Autumn semester (August-January)
- PX2116 Political Psychology, Master's level, 15 credits
- PX2151 Environmental Psychology, Master's level, 15 credits.
PX2115 Psychological Perspectives on Economic Behaviour, Master's level, 15 credits.
The courses are the same for free-movers and exchange students, but the application process differs.
If you are a free-mover, i.e., not within an exchange programme, or a Swedish student, you apply directly from the list above, or on universityadmissions.se.
As an exchange student you need to be nominated by your home university and also apply in another way.
- You find all necessary information on the Faculty of Social Sciences pages for incoming exchange students.
For more information regarding other courses and programmes in English offered at the University of Gothenburg, as well as additional important information for foreign students, please visit the University's page for international students.