Apply for BA programme in Metal Art
This information concerns application for autumn 2023
You apply in three steps:
- Apply for the programme at universityadmissions.se Deadline 1 March 2023.
- Make sure you submit documents that proves you fulfill the entry requirements on universityadmissions.se Deadline 7 March 2023.
- Submit your portfolio through SlideRoom Deadline 8 March 2023.
Your application to the BA programme in Metal Art should include:
- CV (max 2000 characters)
- Letter of intent: A personal letter that describes why you have chosen to apply to our BA program in Metal Art and what you expect to gain from the programme. Describe what and/or who inspires you. (max 3000 characters).
- Use images to present a metal object (large or small, contemporary or historical) that has made a negative or positive impression on you. Take note! Do not use your own work here. Write a short description why you chose that metal object. 5–10 pictures and max 800 characters
- Hand drawings, sketches, paintings or life drawings (figure studies). 5–10 slides.
- Images (photos, prints) of work/objects you have designed and made yourself, preferably in metal, work/objects made in another material may also be submitted. Describe your chosen pieces: Material, technique, size and when they were made. 5–10 pictures.
Your application should be anonymous. Do not include name or contact details anywhere in this material. All texts must be in English.
Submit your portfolio
Submit your portfolio through our portfolio tool Slideroom. SlideRoom closes at midnight (CET) on the day of deadline. When you have submitted your portfolio in time, you receive a confirmation e-mail from SlideRoom.
We recommend that you upload your material 24 hours before the deadline. Please note that it is not possible to submit your portfolio after the application deadline.
- Material knowledge and craft skills
- Artistic development potential
Selection and admission
All complete applications are assessed by a jury consisting of the Programme Director and representatives from the department to which the programme belongs.
A number of applicants will be called for an interview. The interviews will be held online in the spring of 2022. Notification on whether you are called for an interview or not will be sent to the email address that is registered on universityadmissions.se.
General entry requirements
Submit all documentation on universityadmissions.se that shows you fulfill the entry requirement.
If you have a foreign undergraduate / high school education, you need to upload grades and the right documents that show that you are eligible for the courses/programmes you have applied for. All documents are uploaded via "my pages" on universityadmissions.se. For more information go to provide application documents.
It is important that you submit complete documentation and follow the country specific guidelines carefully. For more information go to country instructions.
If you who are in the last semester of upper secondary school go on to an interview, you must upload a certificate on antagning.se that you are studying the last semester. Contact your school for a certificate. You upload the certificate on universityadmissions.se
If you submit incomplete documentation you will be considered unqualified.
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements can be granted an exemption. HDK-Valand can grant exemption if an applicant in other ways have demonstrated ability to benefit from the programme. Ability to benefit from the programme can be demonstrated by:
- other relevant education
- relevant professional experience or other practical experience
- relevant artistic skills and abilities
20 January 2023: Application round opens
1 March 2023: Last day to apply for the programme at universityadmissions.se
7 March 2023: Last day to pay the registration fee or provide proof you are exempted from paying
7 March 2023: Last day to submit the documents required to prove you are qualified on universityadmissions.se
8 March 2023: Last day to submit your portfolio in SlideRoom
March/April 2023: Invitations to interviews will be sent out. It is sent to the e-mail address you have registered on universityadmission.se
April 2023: Interviews are conducted
April 2023: Your formal academic qualifications are assessed
16 May 2023: Admission results are published on universityadmissions.se