Special instructions for application to PolCom
From among the pool of candidates deemed to be eligible, admissions decisions will be based on an overall assessment of the candidate’s academic and professional experience, and how well the programme fits into the candidate’s goals broadly defined.
We therefore ask that, in addition to documents related to the formal admissions criteria (i.e. transcript, degree, and, if needed, certification that you meet the language requirement), you also submit;
- a CV that gives an overview of your academic and employment history. Since students’ individual writing skills and advanced analytical abilities are cornerstones of the Master’s Programme in Political Communication, the CV should include an account of previous practical writing and familiarity with social science methodologies.
- a Statement of Intent. The Statement of Intent should address the questions below, and be well structured and written in clear and concise language. In your own words, please tell us:
- What are your personal, and professional, aims and aspirations, and in what way do you think the PolCom program will help you develop toward those goals?
- What specifically in the PolCom program structure and content attracted your interest?
- How have your past experiences, both academic and non-academic, shaped your interest in the issues dealt with in the PolCom program?
- How have these experiences prepared you for the PolCom program?
Please note that the maximum word length is 500 words each for the two documents and they should be written in English.
Please save your CV and Letter of Intent into PDF-documents and upload them together with the rest of your documents when you submit your application.