Facts and figures
The statistical data is taken from the Annual Report 2014.
Education at first and second cycle level
Students at basic (undergraduate) or advanced (masters) level.
- Students: 37,002
- Full-time students: 25,397
- Degrees awarded: 6 908
Education at third cycle level
Doctoral level students.
- Active research students: 1 830 (58 per cent women)
- Newly enrolled research students: 282 (51 per cent women)
- Doctoral degrees awarded: 282
- Licentiate (midway doctoral) degrees awarded: 40
- Employees: 6,189 (58 per cent women)
- Full-time equivalents: 5,462
- Teaching staff/researchers and doctoral student positions: 2,903
- Professors: 538
- Technical/administrative staff: 2,021
- Direct government funding: SEK 3,892 million
- External funding and other income: SEK 2,071 million
- Total income: SEK 5,963 million
- 386,562 square meters
- SEK 627 million
Within the faculties, there are a total of 38 departments.