Till sidans topp

Sidansvarig: Webbredaktion
Sidan uppdaterades: 2012-09-11 15:12

Tipsa en vän
Utskriftsversion

Defining and discriminati… - Göteborgs universitet Till startsida
Webbkarta
Till innehåll Läs mer om hur kakor används på gu.se

Defining and discriminating responders from non-responders following transurethral resection of the prostate

Artikel i vetenskaplig tidskrift
Författare Erik Sagen
Hans Hedelin
Olle Nelzén
Ralph Peeker
Publicerad i Scandinavian Journal of Urology
Volym 52
Nummer/häfte 5-6
Sidor 437-444
ISSN 21681805
Publiceringsår 2018
Publicerad vid Institutionen för kliniska vetenskaper, Avdelningen för urologi
Institutionen för kliniska vetenskaper
Sidor 437-444
Språk en
Länkar https://doi.org/10.1080/21681805.20...
Ämnesord DeWildt criteria, Lower urinary tract symptoms, Transurethral resection of the prostate, Urinary retention
Ämneskategorier Urologi och andrologi

Sammanfattning

© 2019, © 2019 Acta Chirurgica Scandinavica Society. Background: Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) is the reference standard surgical treatment for lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) related to benign prostatic enlargement. The aim of this study was to investigate the response rate following TURP in two distinctly different patient categories; men with bothersome LUTS and men in urinary retention (UR) requiring catheterisation. Methods: In total, 355 men underwent TURP due to LUTS or UR. Responders in the LUTS group were defined as having an International Prostate Symptom Score ≤7 or >50% loss compared to baseline, a Q max ≥ 15 mL/s or >50% gain compared to baseline, a post-void residual ≤100 mL or a bother score ≤2. Patients fulfilling at least one out of the four criteria were defined as responders. In the UR group, responders were defined as being catheter-free at follow-up. Results: In total, 337 men remained for final analysis. The proportion operated on due to UR was 46%. In men with LUTS, the response rate was 95%. One in four were classified as excellent responders, fulfilling all four outcome criteria. Men with UR had a successful removal of the catheter after TURP prior to discharge in 77% of the cases and an additional 6% within 3 months, yielding a total response rate of 83%. Conclusion: TURP is a successful procedure in men with bothersome LUTS and in men with UR. Considering the difference regarding voiding outcomes in men operated on due to LUTS or UR, these groups should be analysed separately in future studies comparing TURP against newer treatment modalities.

Sidansvarig: Webbredaktion|Sidan uppdaterades: 2012-09-11
Dela:

På Göteborgs universitet använder vi kakor (cookies) för att webbplatsen ska fungera på ett bra sätt för dig. Genom att surfa vidare godkänner du att vi använder kakor.  Vad är kakor?