The Problem of Antibiotic Resistance
Increasing bacterial antibiotic resistance is a global problem and threatens to erase modern medical interventions. The problem of antibiotic resistance has many causes and involves researchers from many different disciplines.
The course The Problem of Antibiotic Resistance covers
- the basic biology of the topic
- how we can decrease the spread of antibiotic resistance between people and in the environment
- how we develop new antibiotics.
The course does not require any prerequisites and is appropriate for students in any discipline. It is also suitable as a continuing education course for teachers. It can be complemented with the course BIO002, the Antibiotic Resistance Laboratory course.
The Problem of Antibiotic Resistance is an online course and consists of
- recorded video lectures
- short web-based questionnaires
- discussions on the problem of antibiotic resistance.
Teaching is in English and Swedish.