No fees are charged for EU and EEA citizens, Swedish residence permit holders and exchange students.
Photographic project work is a basic course where you work independently with a photographic project. During the summer 2023 the course will be taught in English.
During the course a great emphasis is placed on the discussion on photography and the creative process. You will work with an individual project on any theme and be given the opportunity to develop your own visual language and increase your understanding of the artistic process.
The course is aimed at those who already have some or extensive technical knowledge in analogue or digital photography and want to develop their own creative process, contextualizing their images and in a constructive manner help develop other students work as well as taking on board other students’ feedback in their own work. It is a merit, but not a necessity, to have basic knowledge of camera technologies and some experience of working independently with a photographic project. The course will also introduce key concepts in photography with a special focus on contemporary theories.
The course is a distance course. You will need access to a computer, a stable internet connection, microphone and web camera in order to participate at tutorials and meetings online.
During the course you will present your photographic project on a regular basis to tutors and your peers, and through group discussions and individual tutoring you will develop your ability to critically analyze photography, your own process as well as your peers.
Apply in three steps
1. Apply for the course at universityadmissions.se. Deadline March 15, 2023.
2. Submit your compulsory portfolio in SlideRoom. Deadline March 22, 2023.
3. Submit documentation proving you meet the entry requirements of the course on universityadmissions.se. Deadline March 30, 2023.
Your portfolio must include:
1. A project description (in English or Swedish) where you describe the project you want to work with during the course. In the project description, we ask for a clearly formulated project idea which, for example, can contain a description of the theme you will work with, information about method and materials, problems and issues you want to work with. We would also like to see an openness towards photography and that you have some knowledge of photography and contemporary art. Max 4000 characters including spaces.
2. A text (in English or Swedish) where you describe your approach to photography and art, as well as why you want to take part of the course. Max 4000 characters including spaces.
Your application must be anonymous. Do not include name or contact details anywhere in this material.
Prerequisites and selection
General entrance requirements
The selection is based on submitted work samples.