Nursing care in complex care situations
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Account for the complexity and ethical dilemmas in different health care situations based on the patient's, the relative's and the nurse's perspecitves.
- Identify, critically review and use evidence as a basis for nursing measures in complex health care situations.
- Identify and compare the complexity in health care situations between different specialist areas.
- Apply the nursing process in complex nursing situations.
- Reflect on patients and families' needs for knowledge and information in complex nursing situations.
The course is sustainability-related, which means that at least on of the learning outcomes clearly shows that the course content meets at least one of the University of Gothenburg's confirmed sustainability criteria.
The course gives a theoretical and clinical specialization of nursing in the following contexts with complex care needs:
- emergency care anesthesia and surgical care advanced home care
- intensive care
- practice placement (VFU)
- ethical dilemmas
- the nurse's responsibility when caring for patients with complex care needs, and
- simulation (ABCDE/CRM).