Apply for MFA Programme in the MFA Programme in Design with Specialisation in Embedded Design
This information concerns applications to the Master's programme in in Design with Specialisation in Embedded Design.
- Apply for the programme at www.universityadmissions.se
Application deadline: January 15
- Submit your portfolio through SlideRoom https://applyartsgu.slideroom.eu
Portfolio deadline: January 22
An application is not valid without a submitted portfolio.
Your portfolio to the MFA Programme in Design with Specialisation in Embedded Design:
- LETTER OF INTENT. Max length 3000 characters including blanks. You are asked to address your studies and professional career to date, as well as the question of why you wish to study the MFA programme in Embedded Design. You are also asked to address how you could assimilate the knowledge from the programme to your own design practice.
The letter of intent should address the questions:
- Why do you want to study the MFA in Embedded Design?
- What are you expecting to learn or gain by participating in the MFA in Embedded Design?
- How do you want to integrate the skills and knowledge from the programme in your own design practice?
- What can you contribute to student peers, in collaborations with students and project partners, and to the continued knowledge of the MFA in Embedded Design programme?
- CURRICULUM VITAE (CV) – 1 pdf, maximum 2 pages. In the CV you should list your professional and academic experiences that are relevant to the MFA in Embedded Design programme as well as participation in design, artistic and/or business, entrepreneurial, organizational practices including other relevant activities.
- PORTFOLIO, 1-3 ITEMS. Video: max 2 videos, max 250 MB each.
PDF: Size A4, max 20 pages, max 10MB.
In the portfolio, you are required to include work samples from previous academic and/or professional activities in order to illustrate your skills in creative, artistic and design work. It must show the personal direction of your interest in design and as well as skills in presentation, visualization and communication. Work samples can be provided as technical drawings, illustrations or photographs, or in a video format. The work must be presented at least with a title or topic, materials used, size, purpose and year of completion of each project. If you choose to present a work that has been done as a team work, please provide information on which part or role you and your team members had in the project.
- PORTFOLIO REFLECTION. Max length 2000 characters including blanks. One key feature in the MFA in Embedded Design is a reflection of the learning progression and the definition of your own, as well as collaborative, creative practice. From the start of your studies you are required to begin a process of defining your individual designerly role and expected direction of your studies in design.
In the portfolio reflection, we ask you to write about an already realized project or a theme within a group of projects that reflect your interests in the area of an embedded design practice within organizational contexts. Please feel free to use images or visualizations as references. We will assess your ability to articulate your learning goals as well as your understanding of the field of design.
Your application must be anonymous. Do not include name or contact details anywhere in this material. All texts must be in English.
Assessment/Criteria of the portfolio
- The design process
- Artistic and collaborative approach
- Field of interest
- Development potential
Submit your portfolio
Submit your portfolio through our portfolio tool SlideRoom: https://applyartsgu.slideroom.eu
SlideRoom closes at midnight (CET) on the day of deadline. When you have submitted your portfolio in time, you receive a confirmation e-mail from SlideRoom.
Please note that it is not possible to submit your portfolio after the application deadline.
More information about SlideRoom here: About Slideroom
Application, selection & admission
Documentation of Bachelor’s degree and English 6
Submit all documentation on antagning.se/universityadmissions.se that shows you fulfill the entry requirement. It is important that you submit complete documentation and follow the country specific guidelines carefully. More information: Required documents .
If you submit incomplete documentation you will be considered unqualified.
Selection and admission
All complete applications are assessed by a jury consisting of the Programme Director and representatives from the department.
Applications are assessed and considered approved or not approved. Applicants whose portfolio is considered not approved will become unqualified.
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements can be granted exemption if the department judges that the applicant in other ways have demonstrated ability to benefit from programme. Ability to benefit from programme can be demonstrated by:
- other relevant education
- relevant work experience or other practical experience
- relevant artistic skills and abilities
- 16 October, 2020: Application round opens.
- 15 January, 2021: Last day to apply on www.universityadmissions.se.
- 22 January, 2021: Last day to submit your portfolio in SlideRoom.
- 1 February, 2021: Last day to submit the documents required to prove you are qualified on www.universityadmissions.se.
- 1 February, 2021: Last day to pay the application fee or provide proof you are exempted from paying.
- February - March 2021: Your formal academic qualifications are assessed.
- 9 April, 2021: Admission results are published on www.universityadmissions.se.