Application for the Executive Master's Programme in European Studies (EMAES)
Assessment of qualifications for applying.
If there are more applicants than there are places, the selection is based on an overall assessment of your academic and professional experiences, and how well the program fits your career goals. We therefore ask that, in addition to documents related to the entry requirements, you also up-load:
- a CV, maximum 2 pages, that gives an overview of your academic merits, and your experiences of organizational and/or professional life
- a Statement of intent, the form is available below
- documentation confirming (for example certificate of employment) a minimum of five years work experience within the field of European Affairs (in a wide sense).
The CV, Statement of intent and other documents should be in English and uploaded at the latest May 4.
Statement of intent
Please use the form, Statement of intent, which is available below. The form is fixed and the space is limited. The statement of intent should address the questions below, and be well structured and written, in clear and concise language.
- What are some of your personal as well as professional aims and aspirations, and in what way do you think that the Executive Master’s Programme in European Studies (EMAES) will help you develop toward those goals?
- What specifically in the EMAES structure and content attracted your interest?
- How have your past experiences (both academic and non-academic) shaped your interest in the issues dealt with in the EMAES?
- How have these experiences prepared you for the EMAES?
- Since students’ individual writing and advanced analysis are cornerstones within the EMAES, which are your practical experiences from individual writing and analysis by the help of social science methodologies?
- Since the interplay between the professional and academic arenas is a corner stone of EMAES, please tell us how EMAES would contribute to your current work place and professional duties.
This Master Programme starts every September and the application periods is from March 16 to April 15.
All documents have to be submitted following the instructions given at universityadmissions.se. No documents sent to the University will be considered.
Apply at universityadmissions.se. Make sure to follow the instructions and please note that the documents will only be considered if they arrive in time. You must also pay the application fee in time (if applicable).
Please also note how to send in your TOEFL-test results on universityadmissions.se. Some nationalities have to have their transcripts sent directly by the universities as well (not uploaded by the student). Check for country specific instructions.