Invitation to open events at OMICS 2019
How are efforts at facilitating global migration and integration of migrants into the host countries’ labour market and society organized across the globe? And what are the outcomes for migrants and for the organizers of such efforts?
In November 2019, the University of Gothenburg (CGM) will welcome 200 scholars from many disciplines and all parts of the globe to the Organizing Migration and Integration in Contemporary Societies Conference (OMICS 2019) to shed further light on these, and other pressing questions.
We welcome you to the keynote speeches and panel discussions at OMICS 2019, November 6-8. Sign up is required if you are not registered for the conference.
OPEN EVENTS at OMICS 2019
Wednesday November 6
- Keynote Jenny Phillimore: Framing Refugee Integration: a critical reflection on conceptual, and policy and practice principles
Thursday November 7
- Keynote E. Tendayi Achiume: Migration and Empire
- Keynote Thomas Spijkerboer: The double Entendre of ‘European’ Law
- Panel discussion I: Local-Global Challenges in Securing Migrant Legal Rights
Friday November 8
- Keynote Barbara Czarniawska: 1945–2017 Immigration in Swedish Literature
- Panel discussion II: Scaling Up and Institutionalizing Novel Migrant Integration Practices
All events are held at the School of Business, Economics and Law at the University of Gothenburg. For more information asand sign up foreach event, see the links.
The conference is organized by the Organizing Integration (OI) research program at the Gothenburg Research Institute (GRI), School of Business, Economics and Law, and the Centre on Global Migration (CGM) at the University of Gothenburg.